A list of the Scottish beer festivals happening over the next year in Scotland. If you know of any others please let us know and we will update the list.
- Paisley Beer Festival: 22nd – 25th April
- Kingdom of Fife Real Ale and Cider Festival, Glenrothes: 30th April – 2nd May
- Perth Beer Festival: 9th May
- Speyside Craft Beer Festival, Forres: 9th May
- Helensburgh & Lomond Real Ale Festival: 15th – 16th May
- Summerhall FestivALE, Edinburgh: 15th – 16th May
- Biggar Beer Festival (Crown Inn): 21st – 24th May
- The Paper Mill Craft Beer Festival, Lasswade: 22nd – 24th May
- Castle Douglas Beer Festival (Sulwath Brewery): 23rd May
- Fairlie Real Ale Festival (Village Inn): 29th – 30th May
- Great Grampian Beer Festival, Aberdeen: 4th – 6th June
- Crieff Beer Festival: 5th – 6th June
- Castrum BeerFest, Coldstream – 6th – 7th June
- Eaglesham Beer Festival: 6th June
- Killearn Beer Festival: 6th June
- Dundee Beer Festival: 12th – 14th June
- Fynefest, Cairndow: 12th – 14th June
- Midsummer Beer Happening, Stonehaven: 18th – 20th June
- Whitecraigs Beer Festival, Glasgow: 20th June
- Glasgow Real Ale Festival: 25th – 27th June
- Beltie Beer Festival, Dumfries: 27th June
- Scottish Real Ale Festival, Edinburgh: 9th – 12th July
- West End Beer Fest (Cafe Source Too), Glasgow: 31st July
- Summer Beer and Food Festival (Stewart Brewing): 1st August
- Bankfoot Inn Summer Beer Festival: 1st – 2nd August
- Banchory Beer Festival: 7th – 9th August
- North Hop, Inverness: 21st – 22nd August
- Alba Real Ale Festival, Broughty Ferry: 21st – 23rd August
- Trossachs Beer Festival (Lade Inn), Kilmahog: 28th August – 13th September
- Craft Beer Rising, Glasgow: 4th -5th September
- Inverurie Beer Festival, Thainstone: 25th – 26th September
- Bo’ness Real Ale Festival: September (date TBC)
- Dunfermline Beer Festival: 2nd – 3rd October
- Moray Oktoberfest, Elgin: 9th – 10th October
- Angus Brewfest, Forfar: 17th October
- Alloa Octoberfest: 30th – 31st October
- Ayrshire Real Ale Festival, Troon: 1st – 3rd October
Okay…NOW it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Keith has his festive Xmas hat on and a smile on his face. Well….he has his hat on at least. Another portent of the approaching festering season is when Williams Bros Brewery bring out their Nollaig beer. Beer brewed with akshull Christmas trees (and American hops) What could be more festive than that!? This year Nollaig spruce beer is available in 330ml bottles as well as the traditional 1ltr Growler.
Hard to buy for beer ticker on your pressie list? Just palm them off with one of our stylish gift vouchers ;0)
A veritable cornucopia of new beers landed in our warehouse on Friday. Here’s a brief summary in photographic form. Beers from Beavertown, Buxton Brewery, Evil Twin, Jack’s Abby, Jaw Brew, Magic Rock Brewing, Moor, Pressure Drop Brewing, Siren Craft Brew, To Øl, Weird Beard
Posted in AleselA News, New Arrivals
Tagged Beavertown Brewery, Buxton Brewery, Evil Twin Brewing, Jack's Abby, Jaw Brew, Magic Rock, Moor Beer Co, Pressure Drop Brewing, Siren Brew Co, To Øl, Weird Beard Brew Co
Heads up folks! All you lovers of hop bombs need to be paying attention to these new (to us) beers from the wunnerful folks at Alechemy Brewing. They been and gone and done an IPA series and these are the first two offerings. First, “Utopia” – a 6% IPA where 80% of the hops used were added post-boil. That means none of those lovely hop flavours are detracted from during the brewing process – result! Then, Batch No. 2 is “‘Merica” To quote from the bottle label: “#@$& YEAH! This American style IPA is a tip of the hat to our friends in the States who gave the world the face-melting, hop forward style of IPA we love.” We can vouch for the face-meltingness of this one!
Now if this doesn’t herald the onset of winter and dark nights (in a good way!) nothing will. We are delighted to announce the release of the 2014 vintage of Windswept Brewing‘s “Wolf of Glen Moray”. This is their “Wolf” dark ale, barrel-aged in Glen Moray whisky casks at the brewery, then hand bottled. The barrel ageing imbues the ale with hints of bourbon, oak, whisky, treacle toffee and chocolate and brings the abv up to a fortifying 9.2%. Dark, welcoming and warming, this ale is one to be savoured. There are a VERY limited number of these beauties, each one individually numbered. Restricted to one per customer order.
Two beauties next from Cromarty Brewing Co. There’s “KiWheat” – a juicy refreshing wheat beer made with Kiwi fruit and New Zealand hops, Waimea and Riwaka. Also the wonderful “Black Hop Down”. This is the very definition of a Black IPA in our humble opinion. It pours black as pitch but smells tropical and juicy. If you smell this blindfolded you’d swear it was “AKA”. The perfect combination of roasty flavours and pine/tropical notes. Sure-fire winner.
New-ness on’t website lovely customer type people! Feast your eyes on this lovely lot and then get clickin’ From the ever popular Elixir Brew Co. we now stock their excellent “Sevy Saison” a saison brewed with 5kg of hemp seeds and lashings of Cascade, Kazbek and Northern Brewer hops. Hoppy and hempy – and you just know that being from Elixir, it certainly wont be boring!